Where Are We at with Artists Rights?
Wed 14.10.2020, 18:00
- Round table
Working conditions and compensation in the visual arts
2nd meeting: compensation models
Two years after our first meeting about artists’ working conditions, you are invited to a round table with:
• Thierry Apothéloz, State Councilor in charge of the Department of Social Cohesion
• Sami Kanaan, Administrative Councilor in charge of the Department of Culture and Digital Transition
• Eelco van der Lingen, Director of the Mondriaan Fund
• Carmen Muskee, Mondriaan Project and Public Relations Officer of the Mondriaan Fund
• Christian Jelk, Vice-president of Visarte Suisse
This discussion will also present the results of a survey commissioned by the Geneva city hall and the canton and carried out among actors in the Geneva visual arts scene in 2020, with Rosa Brux, Hélène Mariéthoz, Garage and Lab-of-Arts.
We would like to thank HEAD–Genève for the use of the room.
For an English translation of speeches, please bring your own phone and earphones.